Norcal Premier – Folsom Lake EarthQuakes Premier and Elite Red Teams
MODIFIED LAWS OF THE GAME
- NO CASTS!!! NO EXCEPTIONS
- No Jewelry, only medical bracelets or necklaces, and they must be taped down, and information remains visible
- Braces, at the referees discretion, with safety being the guide. Post ACL repair braces are typically allowed
- FLEQ Home Color is Gray, and Away is Red – Home team must change if there is an issue
- Technical Area is enforced, both teams on the same side of the field
- Fans and parents on the opposite side from the teams, and should be mirror opposite from their team
- U11 and below (2006 birth year), NO HEADING. Intentional heading punished with indirect free kick (IDK)
- Maximum of 3 credentialed team officials are allowed on the bench
Field of Play
Games in Folsom will be assigned appropriately for the age group.
U9 – U12 play with size 4 soccer ball
U13-U19 play with size 5 soccer ball
Number of Players
U9&U10 7v7 with one player designated as a goalkeeper (Minimum of 5 players)
U11&U12 9v9 with one player designated as a goalkeeper (Minimum of 6 players)
U13 – U19 11v11 with one player designated as a goalkeeper (Minimum of 7 players)
Unlimited substitutions. A substitute shall not enter the field of play until he/she has been given a signal to do so by the referee or assistant referee.
Substitutions by either team are allowed at any stoppage of play with the permission of the referee. Referees can deny a substitution if they deem it excessive, or of a time wasting nature. Coaches must be respectful of the integrity of the game, and not use the free substitution rules as a means of disrupting the game.
Duration of the Match
U9 & U10 play two 25 minute halves with a 5-minute half-time break
U11 & U12 play two 30 minute halves with a 5-minute half-time break.
U13 play two 35-minute halves with a 10-minute half-time break.
U14 & U16 play two 40-minute halves with a minimum 10-minute half-time break.
U17 & up play two 45-minute halves with a minimum 10-minute half-time break.
U9-Up Offside is enforced.
Free Kicks and Penalty Kicks
U9&U10 (7v7) Direct and Indirect free kicks are awarded. The standoff is 8 yards, and goal kicks are taken from anywhere in the penalty area. There are penalty kicks and the mark is 10 yards from the center of the goal line.
U11&U12 (9v9) Direct and Indirect free kicks are awarded. The standoff is 8 yards. There are penalty kicks and the mark is 10 yards from the center of the goal line.
U13-Up Direct and Indirect free kicks are awarded. The standoff is 10 yards. There are penalty kicks and the mark is 12 yards from the center of the goal line.
For U11 and below, when a player deliberately heads the ball in a game, and IFK should be awarded to the opposing team. If the header occurs in the goal area, the IFK should be taken on the goal area line, parallel to the goal line, at the point nearest to where the infringement occurred.